Our wanderer banlist has been adopted by the company
(who will be pushing the format from now on)
and is now the official banlist of the format!
Hello again, Rulers!
Announcement Date: 10/12/2021
Effective Date: 10/12/2021
No longer banned
This is what the updated Wanderer banned list looks like (as of December 10th, 2021):
- Gretel (CMF-069)
- Law of Silence (CMF-071)
- Change the World, Orb of Illusion (TTW-096)
- Laevateinn, the Demon Sword (TTW-099)
- Wall of Wind (TMS-064)
- Interdimensional Vessel, Apollo (TMS-094)
- Captain Hook, the Pirate (CFC-037)
- Spinning Myths (RDE-031)
- The Cheshire Cat’s Assistance (ENW-049)
- Umr-At-Tawil (ENW-051)
- Severing Winds (ENW-063)
- Demonic Dead (ENW-074)
- Otherworld Dreams (ADK-106)
- True Blade of Spirits (ADK-113)
- Speaker of Eternal Night (TSW-109) // Scheherazade of the Catastrophic Nights (TSW-109J)
- Forest Meditation (SDV4-005)
- Sacrificial Altar (AOA-100)
- Invitation to Purgatory (DBV-079)
- Athenia, Deity of Harvest and Corruption (DBV-092)
- Kaguya, Sealed God of the Moon (DBV-095)
- Sigurd, the Covenant King (AO3-082)
- Lykeion, the Magic Academy (EDL-062)
- Fiethsing (MSW-053) // Fiethsing [J-ruler] (MSW-053J)
- Carlina (TST-075) // Carlina [J-Ruler] (TST-075J)
Sometimes, the utility of a card transposes as the game changes with the years. When Horn of Sacred Beasts (SKL-099) was banned, it was the best condition to prevent players from losing to decking out. Right now, the game has evolved so much that this situation almost never happens anymore. And even in the decks where this could happen, there are so many other powerful ways to prevent it nowadays. So, with this in mind, and watching a new rise of popularity of graveyard decks, we’ve decided to give all players the best tool to defend themselves against those decks. This is the first time that we took out a card from the banned list, so we will be monitoring it closely from now on. So without further ado, Horn of Sacred Beasts (SKL-099) is no longer banned.
Even though we thought that granting her the downgrade of being able to cast only one spell per turn, the ability to produce two Wills in any combination of attributes has proven to be very powerful. In a regular game, Carlina (TST-075) // Carlina [J-Ruler] (TST-075J) has three Will on turn 1 (or five, if the stone called of the turn is The Magic Stone of the Six Sages (MSW-102)) against one Will coin, or four against one Will. This amount of Will is sometimes impossible to deal with for many decks, no matter what the Carlina player is playing with that amount of will. Paired with Dante, Fallen Angel (TST-054) // Dante, Fallen Angel [J-Ruler] (TST-054J), she might also swap herself and Dante for Satan (TST-094) as early as turn two. These are the reasons why Carlina (TST-075) // Carlina [J-Ruler] (TST-075J) is banned.
And that’s all for today. We are still gathering Wanderer tournament results from all over the world. In order to do this, we would like to receive the Ruler breakdown of the events you play, even if those events are small. Every piece of data we can gather counts. So please, use the comments section of this article or send us a message every time you play a Wanderer tournament. That would help a lot 😊.
See you soon and stay safe!