Our wanderer banlist has been adopted by the company
(who will be pushing the format from now on)
and is now the official banlist of the format!
Hello again, Rulers!
Announcement Date: 19/02/2022
Effective Date: 25/02/2022
No longer banned
This is what the updated Wanderer banned list looks like (as of February 25th, 2022):
- Gretel (CMF-069)
- Law of Silence (CMF-071)
- Change the World, Orb of Illusion (TTW-096)
- Laevateinn, the Demon Sword (TTW-099)
- Wall of Wind (TMS-064)
- Interdimensional Vessel, Apollo (TMS-094)
- Captain Hook, the Pirate (CFC-037)
- The Cheshire Cat’s Assistance (ENW-049)
- Umr-At-Tawil (ENW-051)
- Severing Winds (ENW-063)
- Demonic Dead (ENW-074)
- Otherworld Dreams (ADK-106)
- True Blade of Spirits (ADK-113)
- Speaker of Eternal Night (TSW-109) // Scheherazade of the Catastrophic Nights (TSW-109J)
- Forest Meditation (SDV4-005)
- Sacrificial Altar (AOA-100)
- Invitation to Purgatory (DBV-079)
- Athenia, Deity of Harvest and Corruption (DBV-092)
- Kaguya, Sealed God of the Moon (DBV-095)
- Sigurd, the Covenant King (AO3-082)
- Lykeion, the Magic Academy (EDL-062)
- Fiethsing (MSW-053) // Fiethsing [J-ruler] (MSW-053J)
- The Magic Stone of the Six Sages (MSW-102)
- Alecto, Unstoppable Fury (TST-024)
- Carlina (TST-075) // Carlina [J-Ruler] (TST-075J)
Spinning Myths (RDE-031)
When this card was banned, the threat of putting a Myth into the field early in the game was reall strong. Wind players used this card to finish their games, protecting their Myth with cancel spells. But now, with the new [Revolution Order] mechanic and will producing resonators not seeing any play, we have changed our mind: this spell with a total cost of 3 without [Quickcast] is still very good, but not that good anymore for it to be on the banlist. Therefore Spinning Myths (RDE-031) is no longer banned.
The Magic Stone of the Six Sages (MSW-102)
Since this card was printed, it has been the best Magic Stone in the game. Allowing early judgments, using the [Rest] ability of some Rulers for free, doing [Revolution Order] on the first turn of the game, producing will of any attribute, and many more powerful plays: this card is fantastic. All the other Special Magic Stones that produce will of any attribute have a cost, for example paying 200 life, or needing a regalia and otherwise entering the field rested, amongst others. The cost of the Six Sages stone disappears when played with the powerful [Tag] rulers, making them even better than they are, and turns its downside into an advantage. It is time for other magic stones to shine again, so from now on The Magic Stone of the Six Sages (MSW-102) is banned.
Alecto, Unstoppable Fury (TST-024)
We have closely been watching this card. In New Frontiers, due to not having many discard options and also the lack of free draw, this resonator hasn’t been problematic. But in Wanderer, thanks to a larger card pool and using support cards of older rulers, a combo deck that plays almost all of its cards without paying their cost has appeared, which is centered around this card. Even with the new cards that can interrupt the combo momentarily, Alecto can make endless comebacks making the deck unstoppable. As we don’t want decks like that in the format, Alecto, Unstoppable Fury (TST-024) is banned (as we did to other water resonators with too much power).
And that’s all for today. We are still gathering Wanderer tournament results from all over the world. In order to do this, we would like to receive the Ruler breakdown of the events you play, even if those events are small. Every piece of data we can gather counts. So please, use the comments section of this article or send us a message every time you play a Wanderer tournament. That would help a lot 😊.
See you soon and stay safe!